Saturday, December 20, 2008

Once a week :(

For the second week in a row I have only been able to go to class once this week. I wish my schedule would allow me to go 3-4 times a week but thats just not possible right now. So I usually end up going twice a week. But the past 2 weeks I have been going to school at night....but anyway...you gotta do what you gotta do....right?
Well this week I went to another competition class, so the warm-up was awesome. We learned how to counter the single leg with taking the back of your opponent. Pretty cool stuff. We did 2 variations of the same move and then the rest of the class was rolling. We rolled with 4 different opponents for 10 minutes a piece. That definitely tests your cardio ....I loved it!!!
I did alright with all of my opponents. I rolled with 2 blue belts, a purple belt, and then a white belt. I ended up making the fellow white belt tap 2 times in our 10 minute match but the other matches were not as good for me.With the 2 blue belts I held my own and had some submission defense...I didn't get tapped by either of them but the definitely dominated position :( On one of them I almost had a clock choke but he quickly defended and I was on the bottom again. Now the purple belt was another story. I could tell he was basically toying with me but yet again I showed some pretty good defense and didn't get tapped.
Hopefully I will be able to get in more consistent training in the future.

Well next week is Christmas so...... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!! And if Santa tries to take your cookies ...CHOKE'EM OUT!!! lol

No comments: